Control of Electromechanical Systems
Module of 3 credits of the course Dynamic Analysis and Control of AC Machines
and Control of Electromechanical Systems (code 1038752, 9 credits); for students of the Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Course (EMMC) on Sustainable Transportation and Electrical Power Systems (STEPS)
Prof. Alessandro De Luca
Dipartimento di Ingegneria informatica, automatica e gestionale Antonio Ruberti (DIAG)
Sapienza Università di Roma
Via Ariosto 25, 00185 Roma, Italy
tel: +39 06 77274 052
email: deluca [at] diag [dot] uniroma1 [dot] it
Academic year 2017/18 (first semester)
Aims: The module introduces the basic principles and schemes for the regulation of the speed in electrical drives used for motion control. At the end, the student will be able to design a control scheme of the motor speed, based on proportional/integral error feedback and feedforward actions.
Detailed contents [with sections of the reference textbook]:
- Speed control. Basic structure of speed-controlled systems [1.1]
- The speed controller with proportional action [2.1]. Open-loop and closed-loop transfer functions [2.1.1], Load rejection [2.1.2], Variable reference tracking [2.1.3], Frictional load [2.1.4]
- The speed controller with proportional and integral (PI) action [2.2]. Open-loop and closed-loop transfer functions [2.2.1], Load rejection [2.2.2], Step response [2.2.3], PI speed controller with relocated proportional action [2.2.4], Variable reference tracking [2.2.6], Feedforward compensation [2.4]
- PI speed controller with delays in torque actuation. Delays in torque actuation [3.1], Current controllers [3.1.1, 3.1.2], Tuning of PI controllers [3.5]
- Digital speed control. Discrete-time implementation of speed controllers [4.1], Anti-windup mechanism [4.10]
Prerequisites: This module has no strict prerequisites.
ECTS credits for this module: 3 credits (out of 9 credits for the entire course).
Type of exam: Written test.
Lectures for this module
Period: first part of first semester (October-November 2017; 5 weeks)
Begin: Monday, October 2, 2017 (one week in delay due to the IROS 2017 conference)
End: Friday, November 3, 2017
Schedule: all lectures are in room B203, DIAG, Via Ariosto 25
Number of students:
A.A. 2017/18: ... (about 10 students in preceding years)
S.N. Vukosavic: Digital Control of Electrical Drives, Springer, 2007 [considered sections are taken from chapters 1-4].
Registrations are done via infostud. Please check the information in the main page of the 1038752 Dynamic Analysis and Control of AC Machines and Control of Electromechanical Systems course (Prof. Fabio Giulii Capponi).