History of the PhD Program
The PhD program in Engineering in Computer Science (formely PhD in Computing Science and Engineering), in Italian "Dottorato di Ricerca in Ingegneria Informatica", has been established in 1984 at the Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica "Antonio Ruberti". From 1984 to 1995 the program was carried out jointly with the Dipartimento di Informatica from the same University. The board of lecturers is currently formed by around 30 internationally renowned researchers, and is currently chaired by Prof. Roberto Baldoni. Previous chairs were Prof. Luigia Carlucci Aiello (from 1990 to 1995), Prof. Giorgio Ausiello (from 1996 to 2002), Prof. Maurizio Lenzerini (from 2002 to 2008), Prof. Roberto Baldoni (from 2008 to 2011).
During its history, the scientific research carried out by the students of the PhD program has been internationally recognized, as testified by the number of high quality publications and awards took by the students worldwide. Together with the high relevance of the scientific and innovation activities, the PhD program has continuously had an important educational offer delivered by most prominent researchers in different areas of Computer Science. Since its establishment, more than two hundreds students got the PhD and most of them became Faculties in Universities worldwide, Senior Researchers in important Research Centers and Managers in Private Companies. This is a measure of the success of our PhD program.
- [14 May] - Course on Interactive Objects in Gaming Applications announced - June [...]
- [07 May] - Course on Great Ideas in Computer Science & Engineering - Syllabus and[...]
- [13 Mar] - Final exam for cycle 25th - first session - March 27, 2013
- [15 Feb] - Courses of type B for 2013 announced
- [07 Dec] - Seminar by Aniello Murano on Reasoning About Strategies - Dec. 11, 201[...]