IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION: The deadline for papers submission has been extended to
February 24, 2012.
The workshop will be
dedicated to observations, concepts, approaches, frameworks and
practice that allow understanding, facilitating, and increasing the
awareness of the role of system usability and accessibility
requirements and their proper integration in the requirement
(You can download Call-for-Papers in pdf-poster
Topics of interest for
paper submissions include, but are not limited to:
• Eliciting and negotiation of usability and
• RE and usability/accessibility aspects in Software
• User-centered requirements engineering
• Usability and accessibility requirements
• RE and Usability at run-time
• Methodologies, frameworks, concepts, and tool
• Case studies and best practices
The workshop aims at
achieving following goals:
• Consolidate research and practices related to the
system usability and accessibility requirements in the overall RE
process as a research topic within the greater fields of RE, software
engineering (SE), and human-computer interaction (HCI).
• Establishing a platform which will bring RE, SE
and HCI people closer together, to discuss integrated
approaches/methods enabling “usability and accessibility focused RE”.
• Grow the body of knowledge related to “usability
and accessibility focused RE”, and identifying challenges and future
avenues for research relevant for both academia and industry.
• Provide to requirements engineering, HCI experts,
business analyst, and software engineers a dedicated forum for
exchanging ideas and best practices and thus foster industry-academia
We invite papers in two
categories: research papers (technical solutions and empirical
studies) and practice papers (experiences
and problem statements). In both categories, it is possible to submit full
papers (up to 7 pages)
and short/position/vision papers (up to 4 pages).