For your convenience the conference has a block of rooms at 5 hotels
near the conference centre (the distance is in the red square in the
picture above). Please visit the
booking page to reserve your room.
These rooms will be reserved for SENSYS attendees at a special rate up to October 10th 2013 except for the rooms at the HOTEL Quirinale that will be reserved up to August 30th 2013, Hotel Fiume and Hotel Londra e Cargill up to Ocotober 25th.
A limited number of rooms, 15 single and 15 double, are available at La casa dell'aviatore up to October
Twenty single rooms, will be available in Viale dell'Università (single 70 euros, double 100 euros)), and twenty double rooms will be available in Via Spallanzani n. 42. (single 45 euro, double 80 euros))
The rooms in "La casa dell'aviatore" will be reserved for SENSYS attendees at a special rate up to October 10th 2013.
To book these rooms, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with subjet SENSYS2013CAV specifying in the content name, surname , arrival date, departure date.
All the hotels are pretty close (1.5 Km at most) to Rome Termini Train Station which is connected both to Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA) airports.
If you need a VISA to enter Italy, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Please visit the official page Visa for Italy of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
VISA ASSISTANCE LETTERS
ACM SENSYS 2013 can provide a letter to the following individuals: Authors of Technical or Mini-Conference Papers, Keynote, Workshop and Panel Speakers, Members of the ACM and ACM SENSYS 2013 Attendees who have a fully paid registration. Please note that what you receive is a support letter. ACM does not issue formal "letters of invitation" to any of its conferences.
Visa letters will state only the facts:
- Conference title, dates and location
- If you are an author, speaker committee member, or attendee
To receive a letter, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with your request including name, mailing address, and fax number, as well as the name of the conference/workshop you are attending and a copy of the registration receipt.
How to reach Rome
Rome has two major airports: Leonardo da Vinci, also known as Fiumicino (FCO) and Ciampino (CIA). From the airports, the city center can be reached in the following ways:
- From Fiumicino Airport (FCO) by train: There are trains to Roma Termini Train Station every 30 minutes. See the schedule here specifying FROM: Fiumicino Aeroporto TO: Roma Termini. The duration of the trip is 32 minutes and the price of the ticket is 14 euro. The trains to the other stations in Rome, namely Roma Tiburtina, Roma Tuscolana, Roma Ostiense, Roma Trastevere are even more frequent, the cost is only 8 euro, but the duration is longer. See the schedule here.
- From Fiumicino Airport by taxi: taxi fares from FCO to Rome are fixed (see here). E.g., From Fiumicino Airport to within the Aurelian Walls: € 48.00
- From Fiumicino Airport by BUS: SITBUSSHUTTLE € 5
- From Ciampino Airport (CIA) by BUS: Terravision € 4 SITBUSSHUTTLE € 4
- From Ciampino Airport by taxi: taxi fares from CIA to Rome are fixed (see here). E.g., From Ciampino Airport to within the Aurelian Walls: € 30.00
Rome has two main railway stations, Termini and Tiburtina. High-speed trains connect to national/international destinations: Eurostar for Italy (e.g., Milan about 3:00, Florence about 1:30, Naples 1:10).
Bus and Metro in the City