The Master of Science in Control Engineering introduces the student to the basic methodologies of Automatic Control such as
- modeling and identification of dynamic systems
- measurement processing and on-line filtering of sensor data
- generalized use of feedback to stabilize the behavior of a process and optimize its performance
- integrated system design of automatic control.
The two main aspects of a master-level formation in Control Engineering are
- a general approach to the analysis and design of complex automatic control systems
- the capability of implementing such automatic systems by keeping into account the specific nature of the target applications.
Beyond the specific technical know-how in Control Engineering, this course of study will provide tools for describing and understanding the main issues in engineering problems, will develop the capacities for creating, planning, designing, and running automatic systems, processes, and services, and will enhance skills in experimenting scientific innovation. Last but not least, it will introduce students to the correct use of technical English in written and oral form.