The 4-year EU-funded project COMANOID (RIA H2020-ICT-2014-1, 645097) - Multi-contact Collaborative Humanoids in Aircraft Manufacturing (2015-2018) has started on January 1, 2015. In addition to Sapienza University, partners include AIRBUS, CNRS (France), INRIA (France) and DLR (Germany). I am the Principal Investigator of the Sapienza University research unit.
Current editorial activities: Editor of the IROS 2015 Conference Paper Review Board (ICPRB), Associate Editor for the 2015 IEEE-RAS International Conference on Humanoid Robots, IPC member for the 3rd IFAC Symposium on Multivehicle Systems and for the 20th International Conference on Methods and Models in Automation and Robotics.
My profile on Google Scholar
In December 2013, I completed my 5-year term as Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Robotics
A short cv in text format
I received the Ph.D. in Control Engineering in 1992 from Sapienza University of Rome. In 1990-1991 I was Visiting Scholar at the Center for Robotic Systems of the University of California at Santa Barbara. In 1994 I joined the Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica, Automatica e Gestionale (formerly known as Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica) of Sapienza University of Rome, where I am currently an Associate Professor of Automatic Control and Robotics. I am also the coordinator of the Robotics Laboratory. In the past, I have held adjoint teaching positions at various italian universities, including the University of Siena in 1992-93, the University of Cassino in 1997-98 and the University of Roma Tre since 2002. Among other things, I have been Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Robotics from 2001 to 2005 and the Organization Chair for the 2007 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation. From 2009 to 2013 I have been Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Robotics.
In the area of robotics and control, in particular: robot control, motion planning, trajectory planning, redundant robotic systems, control of underactuated and nonholonomic systems, sensor-based localization, navigation and perception for mobile robots, humanoid robots, visual servoing. A more detailed description is here.
- Fondamenti di Automatica (9 credits, Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica)
- Autonomous and Mobile Robotics (6 credits, Master in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics, Master in Control Engineering, Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Elettronica)
- Analysis and Control of Multi-Robot Systems (3 credits, Master in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics)
- Control of Autonomous Multi-Agent Systems (6 credits, Master in Control Engineering)
- Argomenti di tesi/Thesis topics
- Information about the Master in Control Engineering
- Information about the Master in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics
- Elective in Robotics 2010/2011 (Master in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics; also Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria dei Sistemi, Laurea Magistrale in Ingegneria Elettronica)
- 2010 SIDRA Doctoral School on Robotics
- Controlli Automatici (Ingegneria Elettronica, vecchio ordinamento)
- Controlli Automatici I modulo (Laurea in Ingegneria Elettronica, ordinamento 509)
- Controlli Automatici II modulo (Laurea/Laurea Specialistica in Ingegneria Elettronica, ordinamento 509)
- Sistemi Adattativi (Laurea Specialistica in Ingegneria dei Sistemi e Laurea Specialistica in Ingegneria Elettronica, ordinamento 509)
- Control of Nonholonomic Systems (Corso di Dottorato in Ingegneria dei Sistemi)
- Complementi di Controlli Automatici (Universitą di Roma Tre)